Library Notice for Opening Hours Adjustment during the Winter Holiday
10 January 2024, Wednesday, 09:00
In order to balance the energy saving of Library space facilities and users’ needs for learning and research during the winter holiday, the Library opening hours during this period will be adjusted as follows:
From 15th January to 8th February, 2024; 19th to 23rd February, 2024
From 9th to 18th February, 2024, the Library will be closed for the Chinese Spring Festival.
From 24th February, 2024, all library working hours, spaces and facilities usage will return to normal. (8:00 to 22:00 Monday to Friday; 9:00 to 22:00 Saturday and Sunday).
In case of any emergency (not during staffed hours), please call
0512-8897 0793 (CMO Campus Service Center, Taicang Campus).
Please kindly note that:
1. For Library at SIP Campus, please note that:
The 1st and 3rd floor of the Library will be available for self-study or discussion for evenings (17:00-22:00) and weekends. If users want to borrow or return books during evenings or weekends, please use the self-service machine on the 1st floor.
The air-conditioning and light facilities of 7th -10th floors will be powered off for energy saving during the winter holiday, but users can still go and get books on those floors during Library opening hours.
Computer rooms 463, 516, 563 will be closed. Please go to the computer rooms 416 and 529 to have your self-study.
Group study rooms on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floors will be open for reservation from 9:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday. In other time periods, the spaces on the 1st and 6th floor are available for discussion and group study purposes.
2. The Inter-Branch Delivery Service will be temporarily suspended during the library closed days for Spring Festival from 9th to 18th February, 2024.
3. Reminders will be given by security guards to students at 22:00 when the library is going to be closed.
4. Please take care of your belongings. The library is not responsible for any loss or damage of personal belongings left unattended in the library.
5. The library is not responsible for any personal hurt or injury suffered by user while inside the library.
6. Any patrons who do not abide by the Library rules and regulations will be reported to the Library and be kept on record.
Thank you for your kind understanding and corporation. We wish you a pleasant winter holiday and a happy new year.