Library Notice for Opening Hours Adjustment during the Summer Holiday
30 July 2020, Thursday, 11:07, Submitted by siyun.wang
According to the XJTLU Notice of Corona Virus Disease 2019 (C19-UC-20200320), as well as ensuring the safety of the Library environment for our staff and students; the Library is scheduled to resume its on-site services in an orderly manner.
In order to balance the energy saving of Library space facilities and users’ needs for learning and research during the summer holiday, the Library opening hours during this period will be adjusted as follows:
1. Opening Hours开放时间
From 8th August to the end of Semester 2 in AY2019-2020
Further notice on opening hours in Semester 1 of AY 2020-2021 will be given in a timely manner through Library homepage.
2. Entry Requirement 入馆要求
1) Access to the Library is restricted to XJTLU staff and students who get the permission to return to school. All library visiting activities are temporarily suspended until further notice.
2) All entrants are required to wear a face mask when entering the library, and please keep a distance of approximately 1-metre from one another.
3) Pease do not sit facing each other, sit at least approximately 1-metre interval between one another, one person per four-person desk, and at most 2 persons per six-person desk.
4) Please put any unwanted book(s) in the cart of the nearby bookshelf. Any of these books and the returned books will be disinfected by the Library staff before shelving.
1) The Circulation Desk on the 3rd floor, Library learning commons of 1st-6th floor and bookshelf areas of 3th-9th floor will be open from 9am to 5pm on weekdays.
2) The 1st and 3rd floor of the Library will be available for self-study/discussion for evenings and weekends. If users want to borrow or return books during evenings or weekends, please use the self-service machine on the first floor.
3) All the Library group study rooms are temporarily closed to curb gatherings.
4) Please use the computers in the Library public areas. All the Computer Rooms are temporarily closed, if you have any request on using the Library computer room for teaching activity, please send an application Email to IT@xjtlu.edu.cn.
5) The Reference Desk on the 3rd floor will be temporarily closed. For inquiries on academic materials and research assistants, please contact librarians through online chats, tickets or book a research appointment.
6) The air-conditioning and light facilities of 7th -10th floor will be powered off for energy saving during summer holidays, but users can still go and get books on those floors during Library opening hours.
Any patron (staff/student) who do not abide by the University/Library rules and regulations will be reported to the XJTLU Working Party for Corona Virus Disease 2019 Prevention, those who have caused serious consequences will be investigated for responsibility according to law and regulations.